I have seen a few people do a progress report on their birthday goal lists. I thought this is as good as time as any to start.
1. Knit a Cardigan- well I was well on my way to getting this goal accomplished before the accident. I just started knitting again on friday. If this shawl goes well I think a cropped cardigan could be in my future.
2. draw 3 or more days a week - I don't know if i have been doing this everyweek but I did spend a lot of time drawing when my arm was first broken. It was really the only thing i could do with one hand.
3. Wear Dresses 4 days a week or more. Done Done and Done... I have been wearing dresses everyday since my last pair of jeans met their death in the jaws or a brown 18 month old dachshund.
4. Paint 4 paintings- Not even started. :( I really would like to do this soon... I think fall is gonna be my painting season.
5. Take 24 Rolls of film. This year has been a big year for me. I have finally broken free of my film lust. Don't get me wrong I still love the smell of Kodak Portra VC. I am just not sure with all of kodak's financal troubles how long my beloved film bases will be around... I am changing this goal.. Taking 120 photos a week with my micro 4/3.
6. Bake 15 different kinds of bread. I've baked 2. I still have plent of time to catch up and make this happen!
7. Blog more, promote the blog more, Make blogger friends- This one has been hit and miss. Sometimes I am really good about blog a lot and sometime I am just bad at it. I think that the accident has had a lot of affect on this. I just haven't felt like I have been doing anything very intersting.
8. Sew the Puppies walking harnesses- have the fabric picked out... haven't even started drafting them... Putting it in omni focus and on ical for next month!
9. Go to Amsterdamn- I keep checking flight prices... but this goal is looking like it may have to get carried over till next year :( The buying a new bike and paying of medical bills has kind of zapped up a lot of my free money. :(
10. Make better use of the farmers market- We did great at this when the market opened. Every Saturday Collin and I would bike down to the market. But since I haven't been biking on the west side... we haven't been going... maybe I'll walk over to the king market this afternoon.
11. Open an online vintage store- Slow going but I am making it happen.. I need to find away to take nice photos of the clothing I have.
12. Collect vintage Pyrex- I have a great start thanks to one of Collin's friends! three beautiful pyrex bowls... I love them to pieces
13. Collect Modern Fiestawear- Haven't even started... don't know if I will
14. Get a Rebecca Minkoff MAB or Cupid- I feel like this one needs to be changed as well. while I will always think that these are my amazing bags. I just don't need them. I just got a gorgious Theit bag from my boyfriend and really I don't have eyes for many other bags right now...
15. Get Feather Extentions- Maybe.... I think it is cool... If i can make it happen I will.
16. Make 15 app icons- I have 4 done. I am working on another practice one and I am always looking for a challenge so.
17 Sew 4 Dresses
18 Keep growing my hair out and learn simple vintage styles - this one is hard. I am so tempted to chop my hair of in a gatsby bob it's not even funny. But yesterday I learned how to do the 50s rolled bang! (see photo above)
19. Sing Shows with Collin. CHECK CHECK CHECK.. If you live in the Portland area Collin and I will be singing at the Waypost on N. Williams on the 31st of August. Be here or be square.
20. Make Soy Yogurt... I need to do this Collin eats soy yogurt like it is going out of style.
21. I have not made ANY jam this year... I need to fix this... starting with Peach butter before all the yummy peaches are gone.
22. Create a Beautiful office- FAIL FAIL FAIL... My office is full of bikes boxes and all kinds of other crazy shit. This needs to change.
23.Go To Vancouver BC- I would love for this to happen... just don't know if it will... we'll see fingers crossed...
24. Go thrifiting once a week.- haven't really done this. Need to start... maybe today!
25. Make 52 new dishes to build up recept vault- I've done maybe 15... I need to keep better track of this and get back into the swing of cooking.
26. Explore seattle more- I want to go see the enterprise!!!
27. Go Dancing More- Haven't gone dancing once :(
28. Buy a LV speedy in Damier Azur- This is gonna be my 30th birthday present to myself.. pinching the pennies to buy it.
29. Publish an e-book of knitting patterns- The patterns are all sketched, some are half knit but i don't see this and knit a cardigan happening with how weak my hands and wrist is. Oh well.. maybe next year!